Saturday, January 14, 2012

Never A Dull Moment

Today was Dave's first full day at the rehab center.  They got him up and did 3 sessions today (two with physical therapy and one with occupational therapy)  He's making huge improvements every day moving in and out of the chair, learning to sit up in bed by himself and doing some basic strengthening exercises.  It's a good thing his arms have always been relatively strong because he's having to hoist himself all over! He's been tired but he's really earning those naps!  He is really doing great!

My Mom and Nana convinced me to swallow my pride and let them come clean my house for me.  I'm so glad I did.  They figure I won't be able to find anything but I don't really care, it's clean and that's a weight off my shoulders that I didn't realize was so heavy.  Thank you! It's nice to not have to worry about it and of course now Owen's like, "Hey, the kitchen is clean, let's make cookies!"  He can make whatever he wants as long as he cleans up after himself! 

I spent most of the day with Dave and then came home in the afternoon to get Owen to go back for dinner.  Right before I left to come home Dave got an ultrasound on his legs to check for blood clots.   The dr said it was routine and sure enough... they found clots.  Now he's back on bedrest for 24 hours.  He could sit up to eat but was told to not even touch his legs.  They gave him new meds and hopefully that will take care of it quickly.  It figures that it's the first time Owen has seen him in a week and he happens to be back on bedrest.  I thought it had been long enough and wanted to take O back to see his Dad so I didn't let it stop me and we had a nice dinner together.  They both needed to see each other. 

Luckily it shouldn't set him back too far with therapy because tomorrow was supposed to be the easy day so he only had one short session scheduled.  All he has to do is lay perfectly still... lol... because that's really easy... Maybe he can finally finish his last Wheel of Time book.  I guess I titled this post "never a dull moment" when in reality it sounds like his tomorrow will be full of dull moments.  I might have to bring him the mini-laptop so he can watch netflix or something. 

I'm hoping for a hunky-dory status quo kind of day soon. I know it's a lot to ask but any day now would be fantastic. We like roller coasters as a rule but this one is a little too rickety for my tastes.


No comments:

Post a Comment