Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Snow?

So tonight the forecast is for snow... with no significant accumulation, much to Owen's dismay.  Although around here if we get an inch that will close schools.  OH NOES! SNOWS! (it rhymed, I had to put the S)

Today Rose and I went to a couple of cemeteries and talked to a lady who kind of explained how things work.  I say kind of because it's SO complicated.  Ridiculously complicated.  There's no reason it should be like this.  I can't imagine having to go through it when you're actively grieving.  I think I found the place I want to deal with and so now David and I just have to make a few decisions.  We're motivated to have it all out of the way.  Glad to have something checked off the list.

Tomorrow we're having our satellite upgraded (for free, yay) to HD.  That means that a guy has to come upgrade the dish on our house tomorrow morning in the really crappy weather.  I suppose that comes with the territory of working outdoors in Oregon.  I'm wondering if he'll cancel if it snows at all.  He's supposed to be here between 8 and noon and it will take him 1-3 hours depending on how difficult it ends up being.  So... basically the window is from 8 am until 3 pm.  Not to mention on wednesdays we usually have a nurse that comes out and a bath aid... maybe I shouldn't have scheduled the install on a wednesday?  Let's just say I didn't really have my wits about me, go figure.  I'm sure one way or another it will all work out. 

In other news Dave was up in the chair today for 5 and a half hours.  He had to lay back after a while and his feet are fairly swollen but we kind of expected that.  We're going to try to make a dr's appointment for him in the next few days but to give him a couple of days to recover.  I got him a new TV tray type thing so he can eat in his chair without having to necessarily be at the table.  That might also enable him to use it to prop a book up or the laptop or something although he's showing pretty much zero interest in the computer.  That's how you know when he's really sick, no computer urges.  There's just only so much TV you can watch (I say as we get our satellite upgraded so he can watch prettier tv) so he really needs something else to keep him entertained.  I'm pretty entertaining but I'm only one person! ;)

David's birthday is Saturday.  The big 39!  We're glad that he's here to celebrate with us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment