Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Snow in March?

Here we thought it was strange to have snow at the end of February and then this morning we woke up to a light dusting of snow on the valley floor again.  How odd.  This weekend it's supposed to be up to 60 degrees, this weather is almost as crazy as we are!

I feel like this weekend would be a great weekend to build a ramp. Probably the universe is trying to tell me something like, "Make a decision already" and I guess I should listen.  It's so hard to decide what the best thing to do would be!  We're leaning towards building one instead of doing a temporary ramp since, at least for now, he'll be going to chemo every other week for a while.  It would be much easier to get him in and out of the house and as the weather improves we can go on walks and *gasp* see the neighborhood!  We're living on the wild side with dreams of leaving the house!  ;)

David's birthday was really nice.  Totally stressful for me but I think it went well and he enjoyed seeing family and friends.  As long as I can keep the stress away from him I think it's successful.  He's never really been a social butterfly but he appreciates the time he has with people more now. He's fine but I'm still recovering from having so many people over at the same time and all the little stresses that go with it.  The funny thing is that there really wasn't a ton to stress about and people were helping me but it took a good supportive hug from my brother to get me to calm down.  He's pretty amazing and I'm glad he's been around so much.  Sometimes siblings get you from a different place than other people.  Plus, he and his fiance bring their beautiful little girl (2 months old) with them so I get my baby fix!  She's gorgeous and she's always good for a little smile and cuddle and she coos when I whisper to her.. awww.  She's right on the cusp of laughing, I can't wait. Even her angry face is great!  She's good for my spirit, and Dave's!  I held her on his lap so he could "hold" her and make silly faces at her and get her to smile.  He's such a baby guy, I'm glad he gets chances to do things like that.

Tonight Tim is coming over to have some guy time with Dave while Owen and go to his choir concert.  Thursday he has a band concert and then monday (the 12th) is my Nana's 85th birthday and then Dave's parents and sister et al from Lake Havasu are coming up to visit during their spring break.  Our niece migh be staying with us for a little while as she navigates some housing issues (ah college!) and I'm thinking that even though we don't have a ton of room we do have a couch and it would always be nice to have another set of hands around here occasionally.  Plus we just adore her.   She and Owen can do homework together!  ha!

Speaking of Owen he's starting to show more signs of... stress?  I don't know if that's the right word or not but we've been hoping his behavior is just part of growing up but it's starting to be a little bit more than that so we're trying to help him navigate it before it becomes too much of an issue.  Our goal is to help him through everything the best we can.  Yesterday we had a pretty big meltdown (as a family) and cried it out a bit then today things are much better.  I guess as long as we keep having positive days we'll count our blessings and have faith that our path is headed the right direction.

I've been feeling like I'm not getting a lot done lately.  I keep making myself these lists of things I want to accomplish the next day and then I barely make a dent in my list. I'll admit that my lists can be a bit... over enthusiastic... then I get depressed when I don't feel like I'm doing enough.  So today I decided to write down everything I do because maybe if I can see what I'm doing, even the little things, it will make me feel like I accomplished something.  So like... I don't really feel bad about it anymore.  hahahahaha  Sometimes it just takes a different perspective to see the reality of things.   Sure there are still things that haven't gotten done, important things, like taxes (doh!) Actually at the top of my list of things to do is to finalize our Wills and do our taxes. heh.  It seems fitting right?  Nothing is certain, except death and taxes?

No comments:

Post a Comment