Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What A Pain In The Neck

Yay for a clean yard!  I mentioned that I hired someone to clean the back yard.  They came on Monday and wow!  The company is Atlas Cleaning Services and I swear... if you ever need anything done, yard or inside, call these guys.  They did an excellent job, above and beyond really.  I can't say enough good things about them. They are the ones that have been cleaning our house and they took out all our blackberry bushes, got the ivy under control, hauled off a pile of scrap wood I wasn't expecting them to touch and cleaned out the raised beds, including the overgrown mint!  I'm so giddy about it!

Owen is having a better week than last week although on monday he got a little overheated at lunch and ended up in the nurses office again with a tiny little fever from being too warm and dehydrated.  This is kind of a common thing for him.  When he was in scouts it happened quite a lot so he needs to learn to take care of himself when the weather gets warmer. 

David is doing ok this week.  He had chemo today and the dr left him on the same dose of blood thinner as he thinks it's pretty close to where he wants it.  Dr also gave him another week's worth of antibiotic (yuck) just to make sure he doesn't have any kind of infection going on.  We're ok with that, D doesn't seem to have any reaction to it and we'd rather he be as healthy as possible.  He got the steri-strips off on his chest where they had to poke him to put the central line in 2 weeks ago.  One hole is healed completely and the other... it's healed but still kind of looks like a little puncture wound.  We'll have to watch that to make sure it heals up without incident.  His chief complaint this week is the pain in his neck (this time it's not me or Owen, HA!) Hospice sent over a massage therapist on tuesday and she said she'll check in and maybe come back on friday if he needs it.  She seems to think it's muscular and advil does seem to help it a bit so it could just be stiffness.  Poor guy, he's really uncomfortable and it's hard for him to even move his head sometimes.  He told the nurse at the beginning of the appointment that his pain was at a 5 and it just seemed to get worse.  He was only in the chair for about 4 hours today and wanted to be back in bed as soon as we got home.  I'm hoping to find something that helps him soon.

We finally got both our wills done so that's off my shoulders as well, we're whittling away at the good old to-do list and we picked a color to paint the wall opposite David's bed.  I thought he needed something new and shiny to look at.  Peacock blue! Hopefully when it's more than just a patch on the wall it doesn't overwhelm him.  Oooh, speaking of something shiny and new to look at we finally got a tracking number for the ipad we ordered over a month ago.  Actually that company was having problems getting inventory so I cancelled the order and just got it through Apple.  I should have done that a month ago!  We're amused watching the tracking because it got sent from China (big shock) and was scanned in on dates that are the day after it was here!  It's practically getting delivered before it even got sent! It left Chengdu, China May 9, 2012 7:10 AM and after a few stops arrived in Portland on May 9, 2012 9:32 PM.   While that looks like about 13 hours it's actually about 28 hours.  I'm so easily amused!

I'm doing ok, getting a little better sleep which is always good but I dream a lot so it doesn't feel all that restful.  We try to take a nap in the afternoon too which is nice.  I did something to my foot on monday, or rather I noticed it on monday.  I don't know what's going on with it but my right foot is achy.  It aches even when I'm not putting any pressure on it and I can't really pinpoint where it hurts.  I'm hoping this goes away on it's own and it's not a stress fracture or anything stupid like that.

Tonight we have a frost advisory.  FROST ADVISORY?!  But it's supposed to be up to 80 this weekend.  Crazy weather.  Last year we didn't get an 80 degree day until well into June so I guess this is good but how am I supposed to plant tomatoes if we have a frost advisory?!  I can't wait to get a garden planted!


No comments:

Post a Comment